Monday, August 25, 2008

My first post in about half a year, and Peter Crouch is the topic


Okay, imagine this scenario. You are trying to shoot a target that is 100 yards away. You have a small pistol and you seem to have a hard time hitting the target. You could just go grab a bigger gun and hit the target easier, but you decide to keep on pluggin away with your little pistol. That is what Rafa Benitez has done by selling Peter Crouch. Remember this moment (pic on the left)? The only other striker in the Premiership that could even come close to making a shot like this is Adebayor. As I write this, I am watching a replay of an Arsenal/Liverpool match from 2007. This game is memorable because Peter Crouch grabs a hat trick and this game ultimately allowed Liverpool to pip Arsenal at the end of the season for third place. As I watch this game, all I can think of is "what the hell were you thinking Rafa." Peter Crouch actually allows you to play the long ball game and utilize it with some success. This message also goes out to Fabio Capello. Imagine if Peter Crouch and David Beckham could play together... Oh wait, they can, and they have. Am I the only person that sees this? For all the things he's not, David Beckham is the most accurate crosser IN THE WORLD! He can hit Peter Crouch from a mile away. Anyway, all I'm sayin' is that The guy needs to play more, and I'm glad he is at Portsmouth. Harry "Houdini" Redknapp will bring the best out of him, and Crouch will get the first team football he deserves. Imagine Kanu and Crouch in the lineup at the same time.

No comments: