Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Champions League Matchday 3 Review


Liverpool is drowning. 1 draw and two losses in a group that they should be winning easily. If they don't right this ship soon, they will be out of Europe before old Chris Kringle makes his rounds.

I went 11-5 on Matchday 3 to bring my overall total so far to 29-19. That ups my accuracy from 56% after the first two matchdays to 60% now. I like where I am at right now, and i think I can stay at this high level. Now for some teams who are already at that level (and the ones who are not).

Most Impressive team: Rangers (still?)
They completely shut down Barcelona and were a post away from winning that game. There was one moment where Damarcus Beasley dispossessed Ronaldinho that was absolutely amazing. This team is on a roll, but let's see how they can do at the Nou Camp.

Other Impressive Teams:
Manchester United- This team is firing on all cylinders, and are early favorites to win the competition (along with Arsenal). 3 games, 3 wins. Can't do any better.

Arsenal- Beat down S. Prague. This is another team that has completely hit their stride. Can hit cruise control because they will be in the next round and further.

Now for the Scrubs:
Liverpool- If they don't win their next match, they are through. I cannot fathom how they are doing so bad. They have a squad built for Europe, but they can't put it together. Maybe it's the rotation system of Benitez...

I know that this may seem very much a British Bias, but I run this blog so if you don't like it, I say bollucks to you.

No comments: